Saturday, February 26, 2011

Movie Marathon Review (Finally)

Finally...



I decided to review my Movie Marathon that happened in October 13th 2010. Believe me, I can still remember every detail of it!



This going to be a long post so I'll just go straight to Movies!



The 1st movie started at 6pm. It's Transformers. A movie I watched a few times but not too many. Fresh Rate 10/10 Movie Rate: 9/10



Oh, I forgot to mention, after every movie there's a 5minutes break, after every 3 movies, it's a 15-minutes break. And the break is really strict. When they say it 5mins it means your arse better be back in your seat at 4:59mins. No kidding. Some fella got eliminated during the 1st break for being a FEW seconds late.



2nd, 3rd and 4th movies were Transformers II, Iron Man and G.I Joe: Rise of the Cobra. With the exception of Transformers II, I never actually watched Iron Man nor G.I Joe before until then... Fresh Rate: 10/10 Movies Rate: 10/10



Next four movies are a bit of a torture and its a fourology(sp?). It's the Indiana Jones Saga. All 4 Movies from 3:19 am until 11:46am. Fresh Rate: 8/10 Movies Rate: 7/10



Up next, was Kungfu Panda! I would never have thought this movie was so interesting. It was very good! Fresh Rate: 8/10 Movie Rate: 10/10



Afterwards it was Evan Almighty. It's another awesome movie! It make me awake especially knowing what movie would be in store for me next... Fresh Rate: 8/10 Movie: 8/10



A trilogy of The Mummy! From 3:17pm to7:51pm. Surprisingly, it was good. Even the 3rd movie. Fresh rate: 8/10 Movie Rate: 8/10



War of the Worlds next! Never watched the movie. I was blown away with this movie! Though the ending doesn't make sense...I guess they just want to make it a happy ending... Fresh Rate: 8/10 Movie Rate: 10/10



Coraline, Timeline and Monster vs Aliens were up next. Coraline was above average. I don't really like animation but it was a good story. By the time Coraline ended, it was already Day 3! Movie Rate: 7/10. Timeline was, so far, the worst movie I've watched. I remember, after watching the movie, asking my friend Bryan, "What the eff was the movie about?" I zoned out about 80% of the time. Fresh Rate: 6/10 Movie: 3/10. Luckily, MVA rejuvenated my interest.



Mama Mia! was the last decent movie (Movie Rate 8/10) as the movies after that, (Hulk (2008) and StarDust) sucked. Fresh Rate: 5/10 Movies Rate: 5/10



Three cartoon movies in a row from 11:31am to 4:08pm. Madagascar I, Madagascar II and Over the Hedge. Refreshing movies throughout. Fresh Rate: 7/10 Movies Rate: 7/10



Another trilogy! Mission Impossible I, II, III. And all three movies, I can't seem to recognize Tom Cruise. He changed his looks in all three movies! Fresh Rate: 6/10 Movies Rate: 7/10



The Kite Runner next! Best movie ever! Never lose my concentration watching this! Even when it was more than 2hours long. Even when it was at 10:36pm until 12:43am. Fresh Rate: 7/10 Movie Rate: 10(11!)/10



Next two movie Sucked! Aeon Flux and Flushed Away. My God, I kept on opening and closing my eyes... Fresh Rate: 5/10 Movie Rate: 3/10



World Trade Center. This movie shall be known for Bryan as the movie that got him eliminated. From this movie forward, I was on my own... Enjoyable movie though although it was kind of draggy... Fresh Rate: 5/10 Movie Rate: 6/10



It's Saturday morning(the Sun came up) by the time World Trade Center ended. I had to endure The Tale of Desperaux (5/10), The Prince of Egypt(8/10) and Nanny McPhee(4/10). Tale of Desperaux was okay but I was kinda tired to watch properly. The Prince of Egypt was good. Nanny McPhee nearly got me eliminated. Fresh Rate: 4/10



Trilogy again! This time it's Shrek I, II and III. Enjoyable. Peaked my interest and refreshed me a bit. Movies Rate: 6/10 Fresh Rate: 4/10



Next comes the Big one. I mean MASSIVE. KING KONG!!! From 4:44pm to 7:51pm. Yes, that long. And after that movie. There were 10 people left in the Marathon. One of them was me! Movie Rate: 7/10 Fresh Rate: 4/10



At 7:56pm it's Twister. Suckish movie. Then at 9:54pm, its Van Helsing. I began to imagine myself in the movie and it was irritating as I kept leaning back so that I could "get out" of the movie. Movies Rate: 5/10 Fresh Rate: 3/10



Wild Child was synonymous with me being hallucinated. But, this wasn't the worst. Trust me.

Movie Rate: 5/10 Fresh Rate: 3/10



If I ever, and I mean ever, catch ThunderBirds, I swear I would break the TV set off! Why? that movie caused me 10k not because I slept, but I quitted the competition after I knew that my hallucinations were out of control. I seriously thought that the pool would splash to me and the rest and would flood the place! I even signalled my friends to hold their breaths! Yea... After I realized what I did, I just, like, asked for a cup of frappe. Drank it. Got up. And Left. Oh, and I was the 4th person left. Seriously.



So, I survived 80hours, 30minutes 11seconds. It was indeed a mean feat. I remember going in, thinking that I would leave by the 48hours mark. I did set a goal and that was to survive 80hours. And I did it. I accomplished it. I hoped to attend the Marathon again, and this time, I won't be quitting...I want to win it. :D

No comments: